The purpose of this module is to supply a steady voltage to vehicle electronics by boosting during voltage droop events such as engine crank. The design is based on the C2000 Real-Time Microcontroller, and will provide up to 400 Watts of power from a 12V automotive battery system. This solution supports continuous operational input voltage of 6V-16V with protection against 36V load dump to provide a stable 12V output supply with reverse battery protection.
- Digitally controlled 3 phase Boost power topology implementation supporting up to 400W output power
- Digitally Controlled By-Pass Circuitry that Allows the boost power supply to be bypassed during normal operation
- N-Channel MOSFET based reverse battery protection circuit reduces the power dissipation compared to a diode implementation
- Operational input voltage range of 6V to 16V with protection against 36V load dump
- Design can be used for engine start/stop applications
More Info: Texas Instruments