You can now power your Raspberry Pi and provide an Ethernet connection in any location with just a single cable. Perfect for removing the clutter of wires and for reliable use in remote locations.
The Pi Supply switch was our very first Kickstarter project which we launched way back in February 2013 and has been extremely popular with our customers. Since then they have a number of requests to make all sorts of power management add ons for the Raspberry Pi, but the most intriguing of these was a power over ethernet (PoE) switch.
- Fully 802.3af (mode A and B) compliant active power over Ethernet
- Contains physical layer power negotiation circuitry, presenting itself as a Class 0 device
- Fully isolated switched mode power supply (SMPS) – 1500V isolation input to output
- Overload and short circuit protection
- Over temperature protection
- High efficiency (up to 87%) regulated output
- Input voltage 36-56V, output voltage 5V, output current 10-1300mA, max output power 6.5W
- Onboard ATtiny 13A microcontroller for power management functionality
- Configurable on / off switch for intelligent power management
- Leaves all unused GPIO free for use with other add on boards
- Fully assembled board
- Mounting hardware and short ethernet patch cable included
Pi PoE Projects
- With Pi PoE, you can create amazing projects like these :
- Pi PoE Wildlife Monitoring Project,
- Raspberry Pi Webserver,
- Raspberry Pi Camera system,
- Raspberry Pi Media Centre
Software and Samples
Pi PoE is completely plug and play – there is no software required in order for Pi PoE to provide power and Ethernet directly to your Raspberry Pi and it will work straight out of the box.
They also have plans to introduce some useful scripts and guides in order for you to make use of the configurable on board button as well as harness the unused power of the ATtiny on board and these will probably be introduced as stretch goals in due course.
They have production ready prototypes (current version is v2.3) in hand which have been fully tested. Manufacture is ready to start as soon as this campaign is funded.